About Community Bank of the Chesapeake
The story of Community Bank of the Chesapeake starts in 1950 with Mr. Leo Middleton. Along with other community leaders, he opened Tri-County Building and Loan in Waldorf, Maryland. But this young bank was more than a business venture. It was a way for Mr. Middleton to help his neighbors and community.
Life after World War II had its challenges, and many working class families had a hard time getting the credit they needed to buy or build a home. At the Building and Loan, these families would sit down with Mr. Middleton and discuss their needs. Once terms were agreed upon, he’d pull out his ledger from the bottom drawer of his desk, recording the transactions in longhand.
Technology has changed, one branch has become 12 and Tri-County Building and Loan is now called Community Bank of the Chesapeake. But the heart and soul of this institution has never changed. We’re here to be a resource and a support for our friends and neighbors in Southern Maryland and the Fredericksburg region… Continue reading about Community Bank of the Chesapeake here.
Go directly to Community Bank of the Chesapeake online banking