About The Cottonport Bank
On July 2, 1902, The Cottonport Bank was founded by Mr. G.W. Sentell, Dr. C.J. Ducote, Mr. Tom M. Mathews, and other prominent residents of Cottonport and the surrounding areas. On September 15 of the same year, the bank opened for business with a capital stock of $25,000. Dr. C.L. Ducote was the first president of The Cottonport Bank from 1902 until 1909. Mr. Tom Matthews was the first Cashier. The first board of directors consisted of F. J. Caillouet, Oscar Bordelon, A.O. Boyer, L.A. Swann, Theophile Lemoine, E.Z. Gauthier, Louis Escude, and L.A. Ducote.
In 1915, a new branch was built on the corner of Cottonport Ave. and Main St. In 1927, The Cottonport Bank absorbed the struggling Farmers’ Bank, which was located in Cottonport. In 1951, the building was remodeled and air conditioning was installed. At that time, this branch was considered by many to be one of the finest financial institutions in the state. The first branch of the bank was built in Plaucheville in 1974… Continue reading about The Cottonport Bank here
Go directly to The Cottonport Bank online banking