About Banca Cassa di Risparmio di Savigliano S.p.a.
Cassa di Risparmio di Savigliano was founded in 1858 as a continuation and evolution of the work of the Monte di Pietà, founded in 1612 by the Confraternity of Mercy following a bequest from Count Giovanni Francesco Cravetta of the Lords of Genola, Pocapaglia and Villanovetta, President of the Senate Ducal of Turin. It was born in a Savigliano that had recently emerged from the independence movements and characterized by a great civic sense and idealistic fervor, summarized in this brief statement transcribed in the founding statute: ” Cassa di Risparmio di Saviglianoit is destined to receive and make fruitful the savings and economies of hard-working and poor people, and to help industry, commerce and agriculture through advances and loans. ”
Saving was born as a social need, the result of greater awareness and a growing demand for economic stability and security. The possibility of obtaining loans at affordable rates was fundamental for the nascent industry and the Bank played an important role in the gradual development of the local economy
On 1 July 1859, the Savigliano Bank began its operations. The first headquarters were located in Piazza Santarosa 10 and subsequently, until 1877, in Piazza Cesare Battisti.
In 1877 the Cassa di Risparmio di Savigliano bought a large part of the Palazzo Muratori-Cravetta and the Institute moved its headquarters there. In 1916, Mrs. Delfina of the Marquises Cuttica di Cassine, widow of Count General Corrado Cravetta di Villanovetta, donated the remaining part of the building to the Cassa di Risparmio… Continue reading about Banca Cassa di Risparmio di Savigliano S.p.a. here.
Go directly to Banca Cassa di Risparmio di Savigliano S.p.a. online banking.