About Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe
The Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe has its origins in the Bank of Rhodesia and Nyasaland which was created in March 1956 as a central bank for the Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland. The Reserve Bank was the successor to the Central Currency Board, which had the sole right to issue currency.
Originally, the Bank was situated in Vincent (now Mapondera) Building in Harare from where the High Court of Zimbabwe currently operates, and later moved to Bank Chambers at 76 Samora Machel Avenue, in June 1957 as its new headquarters.
Following a rapid growth in its operations and staff complement, the Bank found it necessary to construct its current headquarters complex at 80 Samora Machel Avenue. The building, billed as the most technologically advanced in Zimbabwe was officially opened on May 31 1996… Continue reading about Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe here.