About Oberbank AG
On April 13, 1869, it was decided in Linz to found a “joint stock company in community with its consorts”, which was to be called “Bank for Upper Austria and Salzburg” and was to have its seat in Linz. July 1, 1869 was set as the founding date. In 1920 the state of Oberosterreich was won as a shareholder, and in 1921 the Bayerische Vereinsbank. In 1929, Creditanstalt für Handel und Gewerbe (CA) became the majority owner of Oberbank.
In 1945 there were eleven other bank branches in addition to the head office in Linz and the Salzburg branch. In 1946 the Oesterreichische Nationalbank granted the Oberbank permission to trade in foreign currencies, and in 1949 it was appointed Marshall Plan Bank (ERP Bank). From 1955, the Oberbank experienced a strong upswing with the turn to the universal bank business model. The acquisition of private customers, the acceptance of private savings deposits and the granting of small loans were the basis for the Oberbank today having two equally strong pillars in the corporate and private customer business… Continue reading about Oberbank AG here.
Go directly to Oberbank AG online banking.