About First Hawaiian Bank
In the 1840s, when whaling was the largest industry in the Pacific, Honolulu was the major port-of-call for supplies. Although general merchandise stores performed some banking functions, the whaling industry created a great need for more complete and dependable banking services.
In 1858, local businessmen, Charles R. Bishop and William A. Aldrich, recognized this need and opened Bishop & Co.—a banking partnership under the laws of the Kingdom of Hawaii. Their headquarters was located in a small, corner office in a building near Honolulu’s waterfront which still stands today. The deposits at the end of the first business day were $4,784.25… Continue reading about First Hawaiian Bank here
Go directly to First Hawaiian Bank online banking