About Bank of Halls
Young Isaac Burton Tigrett had graduated from Union University and was seeking employment when a group of local doctors and businessmen decided to organize a bank in Halls. Bank of Halls opened for business on October 8, 1899 in the rear of McDearman and Rhodes Grocery Store. Mr. Tigrett was the sole employee and was paid a monthly salary of $35.00, a sum contingent on the net earnings of the bank being as much. The safe, which was borrowed, at that time cost about $40.00 new. The accounting books and some stationery were the discards of Dyer County Bank. (These books remain in safe storage today.) Mr. Tigrett, the elected cashier, never failed to be paid and was just as economical in buying furnishings and fixtures as the directors had been in fixing his salary..….. Continue reading about Bank of Halls here.
Go directly to Bank of Halls online banking.