About Aargauische Kantonalbank
The state should ensure that a lending bank is founded and that savings are encouraged” – this provision was included in the state constitution in 1852. In May 1854, the Great Council initiated the founding of the Aargauische Bank, which began operations in early 1855. The bank was founded as a semi-public institution: the state held half of the share capital of 1 million Swiss francs and was liable on a subsidiary basis for all obligations. In 1857, the bank acquired the area on Bahnhofstrasse in Aarau and had a building built in the classical style on it. In 1912, the people of Aargau agreed to convert the institute into a state bank. On January 1, 1913, the Aargauische Kantonalbank started its business activities… Continue reading about Aargauische Kantonalbank here.
Go directly to Aargauische Kantonalbank online banking.