About West Plains Bank
West Plains Bank – founded as Commercial State Bank – opened its doors in Ainsworth on October 1, 1913. After a national bank charter was granted on November 1, 1927, the bank changed its name to the Commercial National Bank of Ainsworth.
The local bank weathered the financial storms of the 20′s, the depression of the 30′s, the hectic periods of both World Wars, and the tough agricultural climate of the 80′s. And through it all, the doors never closed.
With business booming in the 40s, expansion was inevitable to make room for growth. The Skinner Hardware building was purchased in 1949, and the bank expanded again in 1978 into an adjacent building previously owned by the Kansas-Nebraska…….Continue reading about West Plains Bank here.
Go directly to West Plains Bank online banking.