About Moody National Bank
Formerly the City National Bank, Moody National Bank received its charter from the Comptroller of Currency in 1907. In 1927, the City National Bank was granted trust powers, but full trust operations began in 1928. Today, the Bank’s trust department is one of the largest and oldest in our state – and a cornerstone of our business.
The bank experienced a couple of location changes, but in 1962, a need for more space led to the construction of a new bank facility at 2302 Postoffice Street – which is still the present location of Moody National Bank.
In its early years, the City National Bank enjoyed rapid growth, merging with the Galveston National Bank and continuing to expand. In honor of its principal founder, the late W.L. Moody, Jr., the City National Bank changed its name in 1953 to Moody National Bank… Continue reading about Moody National Bank here
Go directly to Moody National Bank online banking