About Auburn State Bank
On January 15, 1918, R.W. Dirks (Cashier since December 15, 1911) filed notice with the State Banking Board changing the bank name to “The Auburn State Bank”. In 1935, a decision was made to relocate to the North business district of Auburn, moving into the old Nemaha County Bank Building at 1217 J Street. In 1938, the bank moved into larger quarters at 1202 J Street and remained there for 33 years. An agreement to transfer all of the accounts of the Bank of Nemaha to the Auburn State Bank was signed by the directors of each institution on June 25, 1943. On January 2, 1946, majority ownership was transferred from Adah Wells to Vergil Lehr and James Grant Jr. At that time R.W. Dirks resigned as Cashier and Managing Officer after 34 years of service to the bank and V.E. Warren assumed these duties.
On March 28, 1971, the bank moved to its newly constructed building at 1212 J Street. A new Drive Through building was opened at 1012 13th Street in February of 1994. Extensive remodeling of the main banking facility was completed in May of 2000. The former…..Continue reading about Auburn State Bank here.
Go directly to Auburn State Bank online banking.